Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years Resolution, Scott Style


Scott has been gaining some weight recently. Most of you probably wouldn't be able to tell, but it's true. When he got home from his mission, he weighed 135 and has been slowly inching his way up from there. When I was pregnant with Connor, he really gained, reaching about 190, but lost it all soon afterwards. The other day he weighed himself at 193.7 and he began to get nervous. Then he decided that it might be fun to hit 200 before he started worrying about it. Well, I guess all of our Christmas celebrations helped him out, because right after midnight New Years Eve he ran upstairs to check the scale. The above picture is what he found. He decided that 199 was as close to 200 as he wanted to get and resolved to go jogging in the morning. (Which hasn't happened yet, due to weather, children, etc. you know how resolutions can go!) However, when morning came, he weighed in at 193. I'm sure he rigged the scale for dramatic affect, but he denies it. Oh well, it makes a funny story, the night Scott lost 6 pounds in his sleep just because he resolved to!

As for me, I'm not ready to make any promises to myself yet. I'm still trying to get my head on straight after the Holidays. Maybe once Scott goes back to school and we get back on a schedule we'll get some sort of order around here. I resolve to make resolutions once the house gets back in order (as if that will ever happen)! We shall see!

At least we only had to do New Years once! I think Emily needed a break!

8 comments:

carrie said...

you're absolutely right! i haven't noticed that scott has gained weight! didn't they feed him on his mission? lol...

my husband has been packing on a few pounds too (and so have i!) and is resolved to lose them beginning yesterday also, but with the football games on and everything not much happened here. but he got a good workout shoveling and sweeping snow this morning!

Mama D said...

I like the fact that husbands seem to put on sympathy weight with their pregnant wives!

Good luck to Scott in his resolution to lose some weight, and good luck to you in your resolve to get the house in order and then make resolutions!

Rebecca said...

I, too, am convinced that he somehow rigged the scale in order to get the picture of 199. Your camera doesn't weigh 6 pounds, does it? Brandon's trying to convince me to do resolutions, but right now I'm just trying to clean up all of the general stuff he's left around the house during Christmas vacation!

Patty said...

Scott needs to share his weight loss secret! Imagine all the women who would line up to lose 6 pounds in one night!!
I'm with you- I'm holding off on making resolutions until I've finally fully recovered from the last 2 weeks!!

Scott Hales said...

Weight loss secret: go jogging in your dreams.

heather said...

I was just going to ask if Scott sleepwalks or does sleep aerobics or something. That is an impressive amount to shed in one night. The opposite happens to me I go to bed and wake up having gained more pounds.

ANTSYLLI said...

I am waiting for the infomercial! "Lose weight overnight with osmossaerobics!" Just lay your head on this special pillow--available for $99.96 plus shipping and handling of $10 which we will divide into 4 easy payments of just $24.99. But wait, if you call in the next 20 minutes we will knock off one of those payments AND send you the special accellerated weight loss pillow case...a $35 value. And just for calling we will also send out your official "I slept through my workout T-shirt" as our free gift to you. So call right now 1-800-NOSWEAT today.

Unknown said...

Mmmm... Twinkies... I actually didn't pick up any weight over the holidays. That didn't happen until my trip to LA this past week. Dang those french fries.