Sunday, December 30, 2007

Finally done with Christmas!

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and most everything about it, but this one has been one huge ball of stress from nearly beginning to end. We celebrated 6 times all together. That's a lot of work for two little girls and two tired parents!

First, we always celebrate Christmas Eve at Grandpa Sackenheim's house. It's always a fun way to start off the Holiday. But...we stayed there until after 10:00 PM and the girls didn't get to bed until nearly 11:00. And we still had to clean up the living room and play Santa.

Christmas morning was pretty good...after we woke up our children. What parents have to wake up their kids Christmas morning!? (US.)

After our breakfast of cinnamon rolls we packed and headed to my parents house. We couldn't stay long because we were due at Scott's parents place at 3:00. We made it, with almost everything. I had to have Ethan bring something that we forgot out to us.

We spent the night there and drove directly to my grandparent's place the next morning. The Thoms family Christmas was good, with great food, as usual! Then we went home, packed, and headed to my parent's place for Game Night with the older siblings (Ethan, Adrienne, and their friends.) We spent the night there and left at 6:30 AM for my grandmother's place in Tennessee.

The next two days were spent there, hanging out, playing cards, and eating a lot! Then, on the way home we stopped at Stones River battlefield, which Scott thoroughly enjoyed, but our two tired children did not completely appreciate.

We got home in time to put them to bed, and straighten up the apartment at least enough to have walkways through. Then we went to bed ourselves. Then we got up and got ready for church. Home, dinner, and kids in bed. I finally have a few minutes to breathe!

I wonder what we'll do for New Years? I hope we only have to do it once!

P.S. I'm posting links to our pictures so that I don't have to upload them all again. (On the left at the top)

9 comments:

AJ said...

Wow! and I thought I was exhausted! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Happy new year!

Cassie Rakes said...

I know I am wiped out, I think we had almost had the 12 days of christmas at our house, I am sick of running around like a chicken without it's head.

ANTSYLLI said...

This is why you have your children when you are young! Honestly, I was tired just reading about your travels. I remember when Eric and I were first married, we had to spread ourselves over a lot of family, too. It is nice now that we are older--and have almost no family around--to slow down and enjoy the holiday. Your turn will come. I am glad it is over for you, but remember to enjoy this time. These are traditions that will become treasured memories not too many years from now.

Corrie- said...

Your holidays sound action packed, how lucky you to have so many places to go. I'm glad your little family was safe and happy through each event. Your pics are so great! Thanks for sharing.

Dory said...

I'm tired from reading this too! It makes me grateful to only go to Kentucky for family and only once. Want to go visiting teaching? :)

Jen said...

Wow...you guys had a very busy Christmas. It sounds like it was a lot of fun though! Connor and Emily are growing and changing so much, it is amazing! You always post such cute pictures, they are so adorable!

Papa D said...

It's moments like this that I truly appreciate a lazy Christmas spent at home.

Sarah said...

ok, so the pictures are actually posted on the RIGHT at the top. I hope I didn't teach Connor the wrong way!

Pampered Princess said...

No wonder you are exhausted! That was a wild Christmas! My favorite part of Christmas day was when I sneaked upstairs after breakfast and took a 2 hour nap! It was heavenly!