Today I'm remembering what it's like to be a mom of one who still naps. It's a fabulous and free feeling! Connor spent the night with my grandma and is going to a play with her this afternoon. That means, nearly 24 hours being in charge of only one little body. Wow. I cleaned two whole rooms (almost to spotlessness) and they are still clean, because the baby is sleeping! And I can write on here without anyone helping me type or begging me to put it on NickJr.com wow.
I miss my little one, but it's kind of nice to have a break. She needs a lot of attention. My grandfather said to me on the phone this morning "I don't know which of the girls is having more fun!" I'm glad Connor gets to do things like this with my grandma just like I did when I was little. I always felt so grown up! That's what Connor wants to feel right now. She used to always tease me about how when she grows up she "won't be with me anymore." But last night when it was time for me to go, she said "Mom, when I grow up you will still have me." Sweet, huh?
6 comments:
It is really nice to have a break from the kids now and then. There are a couple of blessings that come along with divorce (no kidding- believe it or not), one of which is to send the children off to their dad's once in a while. (Remember that I don't have any family that live close by). It is such a difference without being in the 'Mom Mode' all the time.
Have a great day !
Hope you had a good break. Just wait until Connor is in kindergarten and you will have a break for a few hours 5 days a week!
After my visit down memory lane - by watching William, Matthew, and Rachel - I can totally understand how you feel. It's nice to have an occasional day off!
These occasional breaks are wonderful and refreshing. They help me keep going through the "Mommy..." begging stuff. ;)
And how great to clean two entire rooms and have them STAY clean for a while!
That is so sweet (what Connor said)! Those little moments that really tug at the heartstrings really make motherhood so worth it!
I'm glad you got a much deserved break! It's fun that Connor got to go spend time with your Grandma.
Post a Comment