Some of you have been doing the "100 things about me" thing on your blog. I thought I'd try it. You don't have to read it if you don't want to. Consider yourself warned.
1. I have been thinking about doing this for days.
2. That probably won't make it any more interesting.
3. I feel like I have more friends now than I have EVER had in my life.
4. I sort of keep in touch with maybe one or two people from high school.
5. I have one friend from college that I talk with on the phone regularly and a few that I keep up with on facebook or blogger.
6. I am not very good at keeping in touch.
7. I wish I was better at that, I might have more friends that way.
8. My husband is way better at having good friends than I am.
9. I might have single-handedly (well with a little help) ruined one of his best friendships.
10. I feel really crappy about that on a regular basis.
11. My kids are kind of sick today.
12. That's the only reason I have time to do this!
13. I already scrubbed and mopped and vacuumed the kitchen and dining room, so I don't feel too guilty.
14. I try to do something "just because I feel like it" at least once a week, if I didn't, I'd go crazy!
15. Sometimes I sing in the shower.
16. I only do #15 when there is no other adult in the house.
17. Connor once came in to find out if I was OK when I was doing # 15.
18. That was really embarrassing, I'm glad she doesn't remember it.
19. I remember the strangest things.
20. I once asked a random lady to buy me paint balls at the store because I was too young (by a week) to buy them for myself.
21. I occasionally feel really crappy about having done that.
22. I am hungry ALL the time.
23. Connor keeps making statements that begin "when we have our new baby..." to which I reply, "we are not having a new baby!" to which she replies, "you need one in your belly!" To which I reply, "NO!"
24. The conversation usually ends in tears.
25. Hers, not mine.
26. There are lots of tears in my house. And drama to go along with them.
27. Connor is very much like Scott, and Emily seems to be a lot like me.
28. I love my babies even when they make me crazy.
29. They make me crazy at least once a day.
30. I don't like Enrichment meetings. (This has nothing to do with the content of enrichment meetings or the people in charge. This is one of those it's not you, it's me sort of things.)
31. I am on the Enrichment committee.
32. I am scared of planning boring Enrichment meetings.
33. I am a certified, licensed, elementary school teacher.
34. Some days I want to get a job as a teacher.
35. Most days I am really glad I don't have a job outside the home.
36. I used to feel guilty about not helping to earn money for our family.
37. I realized how much I "earn" by cooking from scratch, paying bills on time, smart shopping, and clipping coupons.
38. My husband needs me, and I need him.
39. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be married to someone famous (like Antonio Banderas, I think we would have gorgeous children!)
40. I am glad I'm married to Scott (We DO have gorgeous children!)
41. I love to cook and bake and decorate cakes.
42. I HATE choosing what will be for dinner.
43. I hate making major decisions too.
44. I don't like other people to make decisions either.
45. I love helping other people, but I'm never quite sure how to do it.
46. I don't like asking for help.
47. I have a favorite cook book.
48. I have only made one thing from that cookbook that was gross, and it wasn't my fault.
49. I dream of having a house.
50. I realize that that might not happen any time soon, but I like to think about it anyway.
51. I check my e-mail about 27 times a day.
52. I have a new e-mail about 1 time a day.
53. Sometimes that is depressing.
54. I love kids, my own and other people's.
55. I love teaching music in primary and Nursery.
56. It is really hard for me (despite popular belief.)
57. I like things to be perfect, and that makes me crazy sometimes.
58. I don't care if your house is a mess when I come over.
59. I do care if my house is a mess when you come over.
60. I'm trying to get over #59 because my house is always a mess.
61. I don't mind doing laundry or folding laundry, but I HATE putting it away when I'm done.
62. This is probably why there are frequently piles of clean folded clothes all around my house.
63. My kids often use these clean piles of clothes to build forts or play dress up, and I have to fold them again.
64. I have finished (after 3 years of off and on work) a quilt top.
65. It is not very good, but I am very proud of it.
66. I am not quite sure how to finish it, but I'll figure something out.
67. I like teaching myself to do things.
68. I have taught myself the flute, knitting, sewing, cooking, and much of my cake decorating.
69. I am not REALLY good at any of these things, though I wish I was.
70. I LOVE to make cards. and I am much better at it than I used to be...but I still would like to improve.
71. My grandma is the reason I feel like I have to write thank you notes for EVERYTHING.
72. I'm glad she's that way, otherwise I probably wouldn't write thank you notes.
73. If I forgot to write you a thank you note, I'm sorry.
74. I feel like I talk about myself too much (pretty funny in this context, huh?)
75. I go over past conversations in my head and kick myself for saying stupid things
76. I was a "mom" to my brother and sister for a while when I was a kid.
77. It's hard to get out of that role.
78. I worry about them every day.
79. I worry about lots of things, a lot.
80. I won a scholarship because I was in Wind Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, Jazz band, Concert band, Choraliers, Mallet Ensemble, the school musical, and the president of Tri-M (a music honor society) my senior year of high school.
81. I was in show choir in Junior high.
82. I used to play with the Hamilton-Fairfield Symphony orchestra and get paid for it.
83. I wish I had a marimba, it's my favorite thing to play.
84. I don't have room or money for a marimba or time to practice.
85. I found a recording of me playing drum set from college the other day. It was actually pretty good! Maybe I should practice sometime.
86. I haven't played drums in about 4 years, but I still claim the drums as one of my instruments.
87. I once played drum set on the football field in front of a full stadium at BYU.
88. I felt really REALLY cool.
89. I still feel really REALLY cool because of that.
90. I used to want to be a dancer.
91. I still want to be one sometimes.
92. I can't touch my toes without bending my knees right now.
93. I sometimes do Yoga in my living room.
94. I LOVE DDR. If you know what it is, you'll understand.
95. If you want to play DDR, you can come over. I have it, and will play with you.
96. Sometimes Connor and I play while Emily is napping.
97. That is all the exercise I get, EVER.
98. I sometimes feel bad about that, but not today.
99. I didn't think I could do this.
100. I love feeling like people might actually read this and learn something about me...but I won't hold my breath!
p.s. I read a lot of other people's 100 things before I did my own. I didn't comment on them, but I appreciated your openness and willingness to share yourself with me. SO, that's why I did it myself. Thanks for being my friends!
15 comments:
Oh no, please don't tell me that your kids are throwing up?
Its true. She talks about Antonio Banderas every other day or so.
I like your list. I think the next time you spend the night and take a shower in the morning - you should sing! Antonio Banderas is very cute!
I loved more about you! I'm surprised as I read these lists that I have more in common with the women in the ward than I realized.
Oh, and by the way, I don't care if your house is a mess either. I actually find it kind of comforting when I see other peoples' messes. It makes me feel normal. My house is ALWAYS messy, despite my best efforts.
Regarding 61 and 62, I am so glad there is someone else in the world (and in our family at that) who feels this way. I HATE HATE HATE putting laundry away. When I was little, my mom was so good about having our folded clothes neatly put in baskets and at the foot of the stairs so that all we had to do was take the basket up to our rooms. And, now as a Mom, I literally have piles of clean clothes on couches, chairs, bedroom chairs, etc. Geesh!
Your wonderful sense of humor really comes through in your list!! I loved learning so many new things about you! There were so many things on your list I could totally relate to!!
oh Sarah ... you've always been a favorite of mine!!
Sarah you are an amazing woman.
When you have small children it seems EVERYTHING we ever wanted for ourselves gets put on the back burner. But, tis how it should be. Trust me. It all goes so quickly. One day you will look back and wonder. Have I done any good today..or yesterday or for years for that matter. Then you will look at your children and know oyu have!
It was fun reading these things about you.
I too LOVE messy houses. It makes me feel so good to know i am not alone!
Sarah! You're my favorite sister-in-law east of the Rocky Mountains!
Hallie's asking me for another baby too. It's not very fun, good job btw on Enrichment it was a lot of fun even if my kids wouldn't got into the nursery.
I am David Larsen's wife (Scott's old roommate from BYU-I). I just wanted to tell you that so many things off of your list reminded me of me. It was fun to read.
This was instructive - and hilarious. Not only was I saying, "That sounds like Mama," but I was laughing the whole time.
Thanks for being who you are.
wow that was cool...I love reading your blog. You always have such great stories, ideas and insight. And I love your cakes! I can't remember if I told you but the candyland one was seriously amazing :)
Ha! I loved this list! It was fun to learn more about you. You are one talented, ambitious, and funny person! Thanks for sharing!
I'm the same way about my houses vs others' houses. I love messy houses that are full of love.
If you want to make your dream of owning a home come true, I could hook you up! We have a beautiful home that will be for sale very shortly!
Will you link me on your blog so that I can have friends in my new ward? Please?
Post a Comment