Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'd have never guessed it

I never thought that my sweet little girls would become fans of Star Wars. But with my husband, I should have known. He introduced Connor to it early, and she has recently decided that it is very cool.

Scott made Princess Leia hair for her, and she made the gold dress on her own.
Here she's shooting her guns, because "No Mom, Princess Leia doesn't have a light saber" silly me!
Last week they made their own light saber and watched Episode 3. It's her favorite. Because "my favorite Star Wars guys are Darth Vader and Yoda." (She has a poster of Yoda on her wall...some girls have flowers and hearts...not mine)
I'm surprised at how much she picks up from the movies, it's almost scary. She explained to me the other day that "Anakin becomes Darth Vader after Obi Wan Kenobe cuts off his arms and legs and he gets burned up, then the Emperor gets him his Darth Vader suit, and it's really cool." Really, what three year old little girl talks like that??
Darth Connor
Emily had to get in on the action too.

8 comments:

Ben said...

Oh. my. goodness! How cute! Looks like an arranged marriage into the Richards clan, or perhaps to my own Ben would be in order. Of course, then you could look forward to grandchildren with names like Han, Lando, Leia, Yoda, Chewy, etc.

Leslie said...

Oops! That was me, not Ben who made that last comment!

Rebecca said...

Connor's leaps and bounds ahead of her aunt in her knowledge of Star Wars! I'm impressed!

Mama D said...

Amazing what our kids pick up from our own interests. Connor is certainly indoctrinated well! Sounds like Hales and Richards need to have a Star Wars gathering!

I have a few kids who talked that way at 3... and still talk that way at their current ages!

Steve and Jamie said...

I love her Princess Leia hair. So funny!

Patty said...

I love it!! She's so cute as Leia!!

Papa D said...

Our daughter attends Harrison for a few months, and Leslie immediately starts looking for a new girlfriend for Ben. Laura isn't one to let go of what she wants, so someone better be careful. *grin*

That is hilarious. Kids never cease to amaze me.

Jen said...

Wow, Will would be really jealous. We only allow him to watch the "old Star Wars"