Have you ever noticed that kids always want a turn? It doesn't matter what is going on, they just want a turn no matter what. I think I have always known this, but it really jumped out at me today in Primary. The nursery kids made sure I knew they hadn't had a turn, and I'm not 100% sure they knew what they were missing out on. I am wondering if I was ever like that. I don't remember. I feel like I've spent most of my life making sure everyone else has a turn even if it means I don't get one. I think that might just be the way I am. (Correct me if I'm wrong, family.) It sure seems to be that way for me now. You try telling a 3 year old that they don't get a turn. Try telling Scott for that matter...

Scott is nearly obsessed with things being even. I guess that's part of why we work out so well for each other. I try to make things fair, and he needs it to be that way. But it's almost weird. Last year as we were filling Easter baskets he had to go through and make sure that he had just as many candies in his basket as Connor and Emily. I mean, really, he's going to eat as much as he wants to anyway does it matter whose basket it's in? Maybe that just shows how much he's still a kid at heart, which is not a bad thing. I think I like him that way.
6 comments:
I hear ya! If I could have come up with 45 ingredients to faith (I mean, cookies), I would have. I had to remind Olivia that Connor didn't get a turn to add an ingredient either. So sad!
Oh ya, taking turns is a BIG DEAL to all kids -- big and small! Ben often says, "I NEVER get picked." And I always have to remind him that everyone takes turns. Poor kid, he get's no respect!
Pick me! Pick me!
*Pout* I NEVER get picked!
Shayleen, now I'm wishing I had seen your fantastic chef's ingredients to faith. What a great idea!
All of you in Primary are lucky to serve together!
So funny! I love that Scott needs his candy at Easter too. You've got to love these great big kids that we marry.
By the way, you did a great job on Sunday!
It's never too soon to write again, welcome to the Fairfield Ward's blogging network Sarah! It's so fun to catch up with all of you since I don't ever see anyone! I totally get the must be even thing. Right On!
If you ever worry about writing too often, just jump over to mine and the sheer quantity should make you feel better!
I think it's funny the way Scott wants everything to be fair. I guess maybe it gives me a glimpse of what my daughter will be like in a few more years!!
Post a Comment