Scott has been telling me for weeks that I should start a blog. "Everyone is doing it" he says...so, here I go. I don't really have much to say today except that I'm glad the girls are in bed and I can do whatever I want to right now. Notice, I'm not folding the two gigantic piles of clean laundary currently getting dusty in the laundary room, emptying the dishwasher, vacuuming the living room, scrubbing the bathrooms, or even picking up the sippee cup (that may or may not have solid milk in it) that I can see from here. No, instead, I'm doing what my parents always warned me about. Doing something just because everyone else is and it sounds like it might be fun. Will it go the way of my other hobbies? At least it doesn't take up space in my already cramped apartment like the knitting basket does.
I'm mostly doing this because I'm terrible at keeping a journal, and if I do this I feel like it counts. Plus, I have enjoyed seeing some of the others from the gals in the ward. (Please don't think I'm creepy, I just looked at the ones I could see from Shayleen's blog as I was trying to decide whether or not to do this.) Maybe this will last, maybe it won't.
We'll just have to see... or as Scott says, Let's watch on...
11 comments:
Yay! Welcome to the world of blogging. :)
Woo hoo! Looks like we were having the same guilty feelings on Friday night. Nothing got done at my house last night either and now I'm paying for it. I never knew that Aaron gave me motivation to pick up at night. This is also my journal and scrapbook, since I don't do either. I also count it as letters to all my family and friends that I don't talk to regularly!
Scott is just so...sometimes! I hate it when he gloats! But I am glad you guys have a blog! They are a lot of fun!
Thanks, Scott! Facebook is ok, but I like this much better. And it's pretty easy and you only have to do it once every week or two. Have I already told you that Emily looks JUST like you with those big blue eyes? I'm sure you get that a lot, but I just love it. Are you guys still in Provo or have you moved on?
If this habit/hobby doesn't last, I, for one, am going to be disappointed. Don't worry about that solid milk. Soon it will become cheese. Give it to Ethan, he'll eat it. :)
Yay! Welcome to the blogging neighborhood!! What a cute blog! And good job Scott! Don't worry about the housework, it's over-rated anyway!
I read other people's blogs for months before I decided I would do one because I was afraid it would be one more thing I had to do but so far so good and I like your noncommittal approach. The pictures are very cute too!
Welcome to blogging! It's a great way to "visit" whenever you can, no real scheduling involved. Peer (spouse) pressure... what a great thing (in this regard)!
The housework will still be there... My philosophy is that it's okay to take a break at times. But that sippee cup... teach your girls now to pick it up and get it rinsed out asap. It's a pain to try to teach teens (who lived in the Hotel but didn't start in the Hotel). Ugh! I've thrown cups away they were so nasty!
Cute pics!
Oh geez. It's like an epidemic.
Just kidding. Welcome to blogging!Glad to have you around.
yeah, I for one am glad to see you blogging, and glad that I am not the only one bending to peer pressure- I thought peer pressure was suppose to go away after high school silly me.
I just found your blog so now I have to leave comments on all the posts you've done!! I'm SOOO glad you've joined our blogging community!! YEA!!
Post a Comment