Sunday, October 26, 2008

I NEVER get tagged! But I did ...twice!:)

Thanks Heather and Patty! I feel so loved!


Here are the rules: "MY UNSPECTACULAR QUIRKS"
1.Link to the person who tagged you
2.Mention the rules on your blog
3.Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you
4.Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them
5.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.



1. I have to put the toilet seat down before I flush and have taught my children to do the same.

This is thanks to Mythbusters. I watched an episode once where they proved that most of the grossness on the toothbrush comes when the toilet flushes and stuff flies out. (Yes, disgusting, I know) So they say, either close the lid, or keep your toothbrush in the medicine cabinet. I'll do it. I was so grossed out.



2. I HAVE to fix my girls' hair before we leave the house.

Even if it's just combing and a ponytail, I have to get it done otherwise I feel like we're not ready. You've probably noticed how this rule does not apply to ME. My hair is usually wet, scrunched with gel, or in a ponytail. After doing my kids hair, there just isn't time for mine! My girls have weird, layery, flyaway hair and if I don't fix it they look like poor, deprived children (especially if I let them wear whatever clothes they want.) And they DID. ALWAYS. I didn't know how ratty they looked until I saw some pictures recently and my husband commented "Wow, the girls' hair looks a lot better than it used to." My grandpa has even noticed. (And brother Haruch, Connie told me.) I kinda like the compliments because it's something I'm going to do anyway...ok I'm done talking about that.



3. I really love making things from scratch and trying new recipes.

Now don't get me wrong, I make macaroni by the box at least once a week. But, when I have the time and energy (which doesn't happen very often lately) I love to make a chicken pot pie, or pound cake (my favorite!). And one of our favorite family nights is making our own pizza and watching a movie. My newest favorite recipe is for peanut butter bars. It's pretty quick and easy and I had all the ingredients on hand when I found the recipe. If you want it, let me know. It's really rich, but super delicious!

4. I cannot sleep facing my husband.

I'm not entirely sure what it is. It has something to do with breathing on my face, the sound of snoring, and possibly bad breath which I don't usually notice except that I can't handle it while I'm pregnant.

5. I have a stuffed Monkey collection.

When Scott and I were practically engaged we had to be apart for a few weeks. Tragic, I know. So, before he left, he gave me my first monkey. His name is Monkey Muscles. (There's a story behind it...if you're desperate to know, let me know, but it's not THAT exciting unless you're me.) Since then, I have received from Scott, on special occasions, the following monkeys: Butt Face, Sato, Chocolate, Sally,Wendell, Uncle Red Bum, Stanley, and Melvin...If I forgot any of you, please forgive me.

6. Halloween is my favorite holiday.

You may have noticed from my recent posts that I really enjoy Halloween. I'm not entirely sure why. I love making costumes, decorating, and anything to do with candy. And there's just something magical about a night when you can go door to door and everyone wants to see you (or at least your kids.) Don't tell Christmas and Thanksgiving...they might get jealous!
There we go! I'm not sure who to tag....pickin's must be slim if I've been chosen twice! I'm NOT going to go through everyone's blog to see who has been picked and who hasn't, I really just can't remember, so, here goes
3. Jen
5. Lori
6. Anyone who reads this who wants to participate!
If you'll notice, I didn't choose any ward women, I just can't keep track of you all, I love you, but really, this blog thing is getting out of control! :) ...so I went with Hales/Kiley related women. There were enough, and it was easier. Plus, I'd love to know...what is it about you???


4 comments:

Mama D said...

Great list!

Steffani said...

Awesome list of quirks Sarah. Love learning more about people I haven't seen in forever! I feel for you having to be apart from Scott for the few weeks when you were dating. I'm going into my sixth month without my husband no and even though for the last few weeks I have moved close enough to see him on occasion it's not nearly enough for me or the kids. Take care of you and that baby!

Patty said...

I love your list! What fun quirks! Do we get to see a pic of your monkey collection sometime?!

Lori said...

Sara, I love this list!! It's cute! I do know what you mean about not sleeping facing your husband..Jason breathing in my face keeps me awake at night!

Also, you have to update your link for my blog..I changed over to a family one.

www.seybertfamily.blogspot.com