Sunday, May 25, 2008

Confessions...

I'm afraid I have a confession to make. I think putting it down here might make me feel better about the situation.

My family did not have ANY fruits or vegetables today.

I didn't realize it until we were eating dinner.

BAD mom!

We had cereal and poptarts for breakfast, Macaroni and cheese for lunch, and waffles and eggs for dinner. I was going to put some fruit with our waffles, but we're out. Tomorrow is grocery day. (Yeah, I know...excuses excuses!)

Maybe I'll make someone feel better today just by knowing you were a better mom than me today. All it took was a banana, or some peas with the dinner...not at my house!

9 comments:

Kathy JH said...

(laughing hysterically!) Okay - you are not a bad mom. Every Mom has done that at least a few times in their lives. And hey - you had pop tarts - isn't there fruit in pop tarts....

Papa D said...

Welcome to my kids' lives.

merrilykaroly said...

ok...so it's sounding like you do have fruits and vegetables every other day except for this one. that embarrasses me even more. I try, I really do...but every single day? I hate veggies...

Louann and Bari said...

All I can say is- - - thank heavens for VITAMINS !!!!

The Hatch Family said...

Funny thing is that I make sure Sammy eats fruits and veggies everyday, but Jared and I aren't so good! I love the story! Can't wait to see you all this weekend!

Mama D said...

Slacker! :)

You may not have had fruits/veggies but your kids had lots of grains and protein!

I think we've all had these kind of days... And for the record, I don't think this makes you a bad mom.

Jen said...

That's too funny! I forget veggies and fruit far too often, cut what mom doesn't? You're a great mom!

Mommy Blogs said...

Hey there!!! I don't know why I was thinking about you after seeing this but I just wanted to pass this on to you. I was watching Rachel Ray today and she did a segment on tracking your nutrition for your children. This lady had put together a website and a chart that you and your kids can follow together with cute little magnets.

Here's the website... http://www.chickinfeed.com/
It's a really cute idea. I think I'm going to get one for our family.

Hope you guys are great!!!

Kim Simmons said...

Ok...I must really be the bad mom, some days I am happy to just have some sort of food on the table for them to eat. Breakfast and lunch easy.... dinner - not so easy. I try to get it on the table as fast as possible otherwise they munch on everything and aren't hungry for dinner.