Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Twirly Skirt!!!

Ok, I have to say that I am so proud of myself for making something for Connor that I would let her wear out of the house that wasn't a Halloween costume.

I made the skirt she was wearing on Sunday. You might say, oh, cute, whatever...but it is a big deal for me! I love to sew, but it generally never leaves the house except for my yearly Halloween adventures with the sewing machine.

The skirt was super easy, I did it all in one evening, and it will go even faster when I make another one! (Yes, I love it so much I'll do another.) There's a tutorial online to guide you step by step through the process. Click here if you want to see how it's done. Her fabric is way cuter than mine. I'll spend a little more on fabric next time and make something I like more. (I spent a whopping $3.42 on the one I already did.)

Ok, I'm done rambling about my skirt. Have you ever made anything that you are so proud of that you just can't wait to tell people??

9 comments:

Kathy JH said...

Congratulations! That is a big deal. I love it when I make something and it turns out right! Any pictures of it?

Mary said...

Yes, yes, post a picture of it! That is so awesome!

Steve and Jamie said...

I thought Conner's skirt was SO cute on Sunday. I thought you bought it! I may have to try this.

Jen said...

What a great talent you have! You should definitely post a picture of the skirt, it sounds adorable.

Mama D said...

I agree with Jamie... I noticed Connor's skirt on Sun, but just assumed you'd bought it. You go, girl!

Nothing wrong with being proud of such accomplishments!

As for stuff I can't wait to tell people, I posted tonight about my great early Mother's Day gift, and posted about my "well enough for now" insight that I shared in my testimony... Other than that, I think I mostly share cute sayings and accomplishments of the kids.

Papa D said...

"Have you ever made anything that you are so proud of that you just can't wait to tell people?"

Do my kids count? *grin*

merrilykaroly said...

Picture please! My sewing efforts turn out pretty stinky more often than not. That's awesome that everyone noticed it on Sunday!!

Patty said...

Way to go Sarah!! Does this mean you're ready to teach an Enrichment class on making cute skirts?!! (Just kidding!!) I love the photos, especially since I didn't get a chance to see it on Sunday. It's really pretty!

Shayleen Lunt said...

fyi - On our NY trip, my MIL mentioned that my niece likes skirts, but it's hard to find long enough ones for school (they are in uniforms). I told her about the skirt you made and she just emailed me asking me for the pattern. Thanks - I've forwarded it on. I may take this on when I return from Utah. Oh wait - I still have my quilt to finish. Oh well.