Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm a homeowner! Plus a couple of Connor stories.

So...since the last post about a kazillion things have happened.

We finally got our house closed on, with hitches in the process up to the very last second.

Since becoming homeowners we have knocked down a wall, replaced a toilet, painted half of our house, bought a stove and microwave, and snaked a major clog in a drain (and it's still working so far).

Hopefully things will calm down soon! :)

Needless to say, we couldn't have done any of these things without the help of family and friends. I am so touched at the hours of service and hard work that our ward friends and family have put in on our behalf. I am so grateful. Really, I couldn't have done it without you guys!!

So, on another note...I'm always putting Emily stories on here, but Connor's had a few good ones lately.

The night before our house closing Connor spent the night at my Grandma's house. The next afternoon Papa calls and asks me to ask Connor where the phone is. He's talking to me on the phone and I'm talking to her...it went something like this:

Papa: Would you ask Connor where the phone is? She used it to talk to you yesterday.
Me: Connor, do you know where the phone is?
Connor: No
Me: You used it when you talked to me on the phone yesterday, do you remember that?
Connor: Yes.
Me: What room were you in?
Connor: I don't know
Me: What color was the room?
Connor: I don't remember.
Papa: Grandma asked her to take it upstairs after she was finished with it.
Me: Connor, did you take the phone upstairs?
Connor: Yes...(At this point her lip is starting to shake and she's on the verge of tears.)
Me: Connor, it's ok, where did you put the phone?
Connor: I took it up stairs.
Me: Where did you put it?
Connor: (With real tears now) I didn't know where to put it!
Me: It's ok sweetie, just tell me what you did with it.
Connor: I put it under a chair! (The sobbing continues)
Me: Do you remember which room you put it under a chair in?
Papa: Don't worry, I'll just go upstairs and start looking under chairs!

Poor little thing! It was so funny though.

And, on the way home tonight she saw some Christmas lights. She got so excited! She said "I love Christmas!!! We get PRESENTS!" I asked her "Why do we really celebrate Christmas though?" She said "Because Jesus was born." Just to see what she would say I asked "and why is that important?" she answered "'cause if Jesus wasn't born we wouldn't have a Savior."

I nearly teared up. What a sweetie she is!

Anyway, that's a little of what is going on here!


6 comments:

Mama D said...

Connor is such a sweetheart!

Congrats on the new house and the help from awesome family and friends!

Dan Unklesbay said...

"Things will calm down soon," is what dad said to mom when they got married, it never has!

Steve and Jamie said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to come see the new house.

Patty said...

Congrats on the new house! Sounds like you're settling in well!
I love the Connor stories! Your girls are so adorable.

heather said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I hope this makes life so much less stressful for you--well that may not happen until the unpacking and all that--but after all that I hope things are great!

Kathy JH said...

Love the Connor stories!