Every time things seem to go smoothly, we hit another snag in the process. We were told that we could close this Thursday (That's 2 days from today!) and to wait for a phone call to schedule it. Then, Monday, I got an e-mail that said we couldn't close until Friday (Because nobody called us last week to schedule). Which we couldn't do until the afternoon because of work schedules, etc. THEN I got another e-mail that said we HAD to close by noon on Friday or else we'd have to wait until MONDAY. Now we can't close on Friday unless more paperwork gets to me and signed by eight kazillion people and back to 76 other people by this afternoon. They haven't sent me the paperwork yet, and it's almost lunch time. We're supposed to move on TUESDAY!!!!! There is so much work to be done on the house that we really need the weekend to get it in liveable condition. I'm seriously stressed and near tears at any given moment.
The good things are good though. I was seriously sick on Saturday night and Sunday, but it appears to have been a 24 hour bug. I am so grateful that I didn't have anything worse. Not that it wasn't bad...it was really bad...but it's gone now and I'm almost back to 100%.
My kids are being pretty well behaved considering all the stress and mess. They are remembering what is packed up and have almost stopped asking for Play-doh and art supplies or craft projects because they are figuring out that we can't do those things until after they are unpacked. They sometimes let me get a little packing done during the day...as long as showering is not a priority for me everything should get done in time :)
My husband copes with stress by packing. This is really nice for me considering the fact that I can't STAND packing. Maybe that's why this whole process has to be so stressful for us.
My baby needs ME to hold her every waking moment that she is not being fed. That's nice, because I can't let her down on the floor anyway.
My dad reminded me last night, that this is the only time I will ever be a first time home-buyer. I never have to do this blindly again. That's a teensy bit comforting. Also, he said that in a week it will be over no matter what. I guess some day we can look back and laugh, right?
My girlies are THRILLED that Sesame Street has new episodes. That's good considering they have to watch it EVERY day for me to get anything done.
See, I'm trying to see the good. I may not be doing a very good job, but I sure am trying.
6 comments:
*TRYING* to see the good is what counts. Actually *seeing* the good without strenuous effort is a rare bonus!
Finding some smidgen of good in the middle of a move is courageous and slightly miraculous - I think you're a success!
For what it's worth, your dad is right. In a week, it will be all over. Whew...
I would also suggest there is wisdom in *only* unpacking the essentials the first few days. We had a 3-day weekend, and I only unpacked enough clothes, bathroom, and kitchen necessities to last until Mon. I DESERVED and NEEDED a break from ANY boxes after our move!!!
Hey Sarah! Home buying is NO FUN! But very worth it. Our first house was bought during mid-terms at BYU, yikes! Our second was bought site unseen (bad idea) and a long distance move where we didn't have a home for 2 weeks. We moved into our current house when Lily was 2 months old... yeah,so I know how crazy it feels right now.
Just relax and realize that whatever happens before Friday is out of your control, the only thing that you can control is how you handle getting ready to get out of there!
Sarah -
I'll sulk a bit with you...
Why isn't anyone cooperating with you? Jheeze! (or however you spell that) You and Scott definitely haven't had the easiest experience of purchasing your first home. I just hope it turns out to be worth every bump in the road! Continue to keep us updated. Aaron and I are going to feel bad if we don't even get to help you move.
WOW, and I thought I was frustrated having to fax like a million things to the apartment complex we just moved to... you're going through MUCH MUCH worse. Plus with 3 kids... I thought moving was hard with 2! You are a saint, girl, and you will get through this! Camie and Luke watched LOTS of movies the week I was packing in Texas and LOTS of Sesame Street last week when I was unpacking here. Don't feel bad about that - gotta keep you sanity somehow!
We'll pray that everything goes smoothly for you.
Hang in there. It's really hard to deal with a situation when you are at the mercy of tons of other people putting the effort and urgency into things when its not their house and life it is directly effecting.
Post a Comment