Thursday, September 24, 2009

This is not easy!

So, sorry I haven't posted anything for a month and a half. We've been a little busy and I'm exhausted by the end of every day. I suppose sleep is more important than updating the blog...maybe.

Anyway, I wanted to put down what happened today, so here it is.

We've been trying to find a house and it is no easy task. Our price range is not huge (Ok, it is reeeeeeally low, let's be honest) and that's making things a bit difficult. We've been out with three different agents and have seen about twenty houses (some of them twice.) I'm starting to seriously stress because the first time homebuyers tax credit deadline is coming up fast. It would be HUGE if we were to miss that deadline....like so huge that maybe we can't buy a house at all...

We've put in offers on two houses and been rejected for reasons that are just beyond our control.

This afternoon we heard about the second house we're not going to get. This one was exceptionally hard to take. The house has just about everything we want, PLUS it's two doors down from some good friends. That was just a nice bonus! So, the Realtor called. I cried. I talked to Scott. I cried. I posted it on Facebook. I cried. Then I cried a little bit. Then I decided I had to do something else, because all that crying was just depressing!

I've known all along that Heavenly Father is watching over us. I've felt the Spirit so much during this process. So, I decided I had better read my scriptures for the day. I picked up the book and started where I left off last night and these were the words of the very next verse, "But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things."

He knows what we want and need. He wants us to be happy. He knows what's out there just around the corner. He knows so much that I don't. I need to have more faith, be more patient, and be more trusting in my Father in heaven. I can do it...I think.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Sarah, I'm so sorry! Hang in there; I really hope things work out soon. ...and I hope you can have the patience to wait until "soon"! Let me know if there's something I can do to help, with sanity, or otherwise.

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry. I always feel as if I could endure this trial so much better, if I only knew the timetable; if I KNEW when it would end, and HOW, I could be oh so much more patient and cheerful in the meantime! It's when there is no forseeable end that it's hard to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and to just trust that the Lord knows what He's doing with you!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Sarah - Can I be the most sorry? I kinda got my hopes up. I was envisioning lots of summer evenings of kids riding bikes, etc. And now, reading that you cried, I cried. Okay, enough though, right? I'm really pulling for you. And hoping another house in our neighborhood opens up. I'll try and be nice to my new neighbors when the move in too :)
Thinking of you and your family lots,
Shayleen

Mama D said...

Continuing to take those steps when you can't see around the bend takes a lot of faith and a lot of courage. Like Leslie, it would be so much easier if we could understand it all up front and then deal with the known challenges.

Life doesn't work that way. But I do know that He is there and He loves us. And when we allow it, our challenges really can become blessings.

That's the kicker. Because it is tough!! But I know the blessings come when we let go and trust Him.

Stephanie said...

No fun! We're looking at buying next year, and I was really sad that we were going to miss out on this tax credit. But Taylor's read some things that say it's very likely they'll extend it and maybe even increase the amount of the credit. So hold on to hope, sister!! I know I am...

chelle said...

I agree with Srephanie in the fact that I think it will be extended or started up again next year. I would assume that for this year and tax purposes that it will end in Nov.
But who knows.
I can't say anything more than what has been said. I feel for you and your family. You have a ton of prayers being sent up on your behalf. Things will work out somehow. Keep hanging in there.

Corrie- said...

I've been thinking about you! We were hoping you'd be our neighbors too! I'm sorry that this wasn't your house, I can only imagine how you're feeling. You're in my thoughts! :)