So, I started off this morning pretty well. I was up before 6 to feed the baby. I didn't complain THAT much...so I considered it a success. I napped on the couch for a bit until my other kids got up. We only watched ONE show before breakfast (Another success in my book)
Then, I fed the big kids, cleared the table, and read scripture stories with them. So far, no potty accidents, no screaming, life has been good! I was feeling pretty proud of myself. I took Emily to the potty. She went! Great! So I sent the girls to clean their room with very specific instructions about not yelling at each other and not putting dirty underwear in the dress-up box. Then I started on unloading and re-loading the dishwasher after feeding my baby her homemade baby cereal for breakfast (did I or did I NOT say I was a super mom this morning?)
And that's where the goodness of my morning ended.
Screams came from the bedroom. "Emily's not helping" "Yes! I! am! Connor!!!" which set off the baby "WAAAAAAH!!!! WAAAAAAAHH!!!! AAaAAAGjAHAGGHAA!!!" which set me off internally (thinking....what happened to my super mom morning?)
Here comes dumb mistake number one, are you ready?
So, I call the girls out and talk to them. I knew Emily wasn't helping. That's pretty normal. We're trying to fix that though, so I gave her the "We all have to help" talk. then I told her that if she didn't help Connor clean the room, she'd have to finish it all by herself. DUH! You know what that means, right!? That means if she doesn't help I have to clean the room all by myself. Oops.
Then, I hear Connor saying "Don't clean up, Emily. Just sit there and I'll do some." Yeah, right. Like Connor actually wants to clean the room herself. So I asked Connor if she was making good choices. Then I told her the conversation I had overheard and explained that telling Emily to do something bad is the same as doing something bad yourself. Which led to "Mom, I'm about to cry!" (the usual reaction when caught doing something naughty)
Eventually, we're all back to cleaning up. No screaming. Work getting done. Good. or not...
I told Emily to go sit on the potty. I promptly heard footsteps running there and the seat going up. I was thrilled! She didn't rebel. She just did what she was supposed to. (Dumb mistake number two follows...should I really send my two year old to the potty by herself? Apparently not...) I usually hear "Mom! I peed!" But not this time. I heard Connor shout "Mom! Em pooped in her underwear and she's playing with it in the potty!" fabulous. So, I go to the bathroom, where Emily is trying to clean up her mess by dipping the poopy underpants in the toilet...which was filled with pee. Emily says "Connor forgot to flush" Connor says "oops" I shout "GROSS! SICK! STOP! STOP PUTTING YOUR HANDS IN PEE! THIS IS DISGUSTING! I AM SO GROSSED OUT! DON"T TOUCH ANYTHING!"
Now, everything is cleaned up...minus the poop/pee covered underpants in the tub. I'm done venting. And Ella is about ready for a nap.
Maybe this day will sort itself out. We shall see.
No news on the Kindergarten front.
They said 2-3 days 6 days ago.
I'm not optimistic.
10 comments:
Wow - it's not even noon yet. I am so sorry! It's days like this that leave me repeating like a madwoman, "tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better." I hope it is for you! Hang in there!
Have you read the First Presidency message for Sept?
You really are supermom...scripture stories in the morning and getting one child to 1/2 way cooperate with cleaning up...that's super in my book!
(ps Make Scott take care of the undies in the tub...he'll be home soon, right?)
Ah, the joys (er, the teeth-grinding, hair-tearing-out frustrations) of motherhood!
Hang in there. The day can't get too much worse, can it? Wait; hope I didn't just jinx you!
Poop brought out the worst in me. Any supermom would have lost her cool given that situation. You rule. Here's hoping Connor gets into kindergarten. We'll be crossing that very same bridge in 2 years. Here's hoping my kid is the genius I think he is and can pass Colorado's stupid test.
awwwwww. I don't know how you do it! I go crazy with one lil kid...
p.s. you're doing a great job, supermom!
You're still a supermom, you just weren't having a super moment! Isn't it amazing how quickly a situation can go from great to horrific when young kids are involved?! I feel for ya.
My days seem so boring now that I don't have thos e situations and my kids don't need me for every little thing.
You are a great mom. Even super hero's get little scratches and tears in theor suits. Things will get easier....almmost too easy in time.
I am so impressed with everything you DID get done. It is way more than I have done all day and it's 8:30!
Hope to see you tomorrow. :)
lolol... maybe this will make the poop incident a little better. Not too long ago Haidan thought there would be no problem with pooping on the deck. I was in my room upstairs and hear Collin say, ew Haidan, you're gross, I looked out the window and Haidan is attempting to pick up his poop with the tongs for the grill! EWWWW.... threw the tongs out, cleaned up the poop and still not sure, I was more upset with him for pooping on the deck, or touching the poop with the tongs.
Post a Comment