The lady said that she'd have to pass the IQ test at a superior level to be able to enter Kindergarten this year. She also said that no one has passed at that level in 15 years. Yuck. I was so sure that she'd easily make it. I'm nervous now. The kid is ready for school. Really.
Thirteen days. That's ALL! I'm a little bit irritated at the system right now. Had she been born 13 days earlier, she'd be going even if she couldn't read or spell or write or count. (Ok, so she can't REALLY read yet, but she's so close!) Plus, I'm ready for her to go...I think. Another whole school year with three little ones at home is a little daunting. I'm not sure if I can handle that. But, I suppose I'd better get myself ready for it!
(I'll put up some pictures and better stories at some point, Steph...promise :) )
6 comments:
Whoa - superior (I even had troubles spelling that right...thank goodness for spell check ;)? I must say that three at home does sound daunting. We'll be sending good vibes Connor's way!
That's so crazy! Our kindergarten screening test to SO easy compared to that! Yet another reason to move out of Fairfield. :) This year we're testing a 4-year old who's parents want her to skip K and come to first grade because she so advanced. We'll see.
Good luck! And you never know... she might be the one to break the 15 year streak! Sheesh- what crazy rules!!
that is super crazy. I hate silly rules like that. maybe you can home-school her if they won't let her in, and she'll be a year ahead next year?
We will be thinking happy thoughts for her this week!
So...how'd it go?!
Post a Comment