Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This and That...

I feel like it's been forever since I updated this.  The days seem to drag lately, what with contractions and trips to the hospital and Dr. and no baby... I'm getting over that!  (It's been a little tiring and depressing to say the least.)  

Anyhow, lots of good stuff is going on at the Hales house and I thought I'd fill you all in.

First, I finally got the "nesting" bug. (By the way, I HATE the word nesting and insist that I am not an animal...it just bugs me.) I cleaned out my dressers and closet and am getting rid of a lot of clothes that I will never wear again yet have insisted on holding on to for too long.  It helps that we have NO space for extra things for baby.  I had to make some.  I also made tutus for Connor and Emily.  I'm going to give them to them after the baby is born.  They got a little jealous when I made a nursing cover for Ella and nothing for them.  I also deep cleaned the kitchen and am consistently trying to keep the living room clean and laundry done.  It's no easy task.

Next, Scott got accepted into UC's PhD program for the fall!!!!  This really deserves a post of its own, but I'm feeling a little lazy today.  He got the e-mail on Monday afternoon and we had dinner with my family to celebrate.  It took him a couple of hours for it to sink in, but now he's really excited.  It's not 100% that we'll be staying here, but my chances are getting better all the time!  We'll wait and see what the offers are from other places (I assume he'll be accepted elsewhere as well,) and then make our final decision as to where we'll be for the next 5 years.  

Last for this post, my doctor doesn't expect me to be back for my appointment next week. HOORAY!  AND she said that if I still haven't had the baby that next week we'll schedule an induction because of all of the contractions I've been having.  This woman is a saint :)  

6 comments:

Patty said...

Wow- there's no stopping you! You make me feel like I should be busy spring cleaning or something- and I'm not even pregnant (what's my excuse for not getting things done?!!) I'm glad the doctor is willing to induce so you won't have to keep going through contractions for weeks.
Congrats to Scott! My vote is for you to stay here (for what it's worth!)

Stephanie said...

Holy cow, I can't believe you're already having this baby! That means mine's around the corner, too. AHH! I have yet to catch the nesting bug, but I did order a carseat for the child. So we can at least bring her home - even if all the clothes we have are blue. She's not going to be prissy like that. I can't wait to see pictures of Ella (cute name, PS!) and congratulations to Scott! And to you for getting to stay where you want. Awesome.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Uhm! I can't believe I'm reading about Scott in your post!!! Didn't I just see you today? jk
CONGRATULATIONS! Can I start helping your house hunt? jk
Hope you go into labor before next Wednesday too.

Kathy JH said...

Yay for Scott! And I am so glad that the Doc thinks that you will be having the baby really soon!

Nivette said...

So maybe we'll have them around the same time then? March 8 is when I am scheduled...so soon for both us, either way!

heather said...

That nesting thing never lasted long enough for me to get done the things I needed. You sound like you are totally on top of it though. Congrats to Scott and there are some houses for sale in our neighborhood:)