
My baby is two. I guess it's good that she's getting older and more grown up because of the next one coming so soon, but it's a little sad that it's going so fast! I love my Emily so much and here are just a few reasons why:
1. She LOVES her mama. (That's me!) She's mostly a momma's girl, and I like it. I won't lie, I kind of enjoyed it today when she was going to leave for her Daddy Daughter birthday date and she wanted me to come too...sorry Scottie. :)
2. She's a copycat. Emily loves to do everything her big sister, dad, mom, aunts and uncles, and pretty much everyone else she meets does. This week I've been having a hard time bending over (imagine that) so I've started picking up my bowls at the table so I don't spill stuff. I hold my cereal up close to my face so it doesn't end up on the floor. Emily did the same with hers and kept glancing my way to see if I was paying attention. When she saw me looking she smiled so big! Cuuuute!
3. She was overjoyed to get her light saber for her birthday. Now she can be just like Connor and Daddy.

It must have been quite the battle for ALL of them to have lost a hand!

4. She is a smartypants. This child is smart, and it's almost scary! She says things like "Have I seen this movie before, mom?" And "I'm going to have a party at Grandma Unklesbay's house!" You should get her to say "Unklesbay" for you. It's pretty cute.
5. She always wants to say the prayer. She's learned a few basic things to say when she prays, and can bless the food on her own. It's just coolest thing for me when I ask who should say the prayer and she shouts "Emmy's turn!!!" EVERY time!
6. She's stubborn as a mule. Scott says she gets this from me. I say she gets it from him...perhaps we're both right. As annoying as it can be sometime, I'm sure she'll put it to good use some day. Right??

7. She notices things. She sees when I'm sad, or having a bad day. The other day I was having a particularly hard time and she came over, snuggled herself in my lap and said "help Mommy feel better, ok?"
I love my little girl. I'm so happy that she's mine! She teaches me a lot about myself and the world around us. I can't believe she's two already. I look forward to seeing who she will become as she continues to grow.

The Curious George cake.
Happy Birthday, my girl!
7 comments:
How cute. Happy Birthday Emily! The cake is amazing!
Emily really is a cute little girl and it is hard to believe that she is already two years old! We sure are glad that she is one of our cute little granddaughters!
Emily really is a cute little girl and it is hard to believe that she is already two years old! We sure are glad that she is one of our cute little granddaughters!
What a cutie!
What a great tribute to your daughter! She is so cute. Loved her comment about helping you feel better! And the cake is amazing.
How fun! She's such a cute little girl.
I love that last picture of her :)
Looks like your husband didn't just lose a hand-- he lost an arm. Those light sabers are dangerous... better be careful!
Post a Comment