Yes, our new favorite thing to play with is shaving cream. I found a blog the other day that has all sorts of ideas of things to do with your kids. One of them was let them play with shaving cream. It's kind of fun! Connor did it for a long time and cried when I told her it was time to stop. She had so much fun that I let Emily give it a try. She played for about 2o minutes. That's a super long attention holder for my busy little baby! You just have to make sure to do it on a safe surface (it can take off paint or some table finishes) We had Connor do it on a plastic placemat, and Emily played on her booster seat tray. Fun!

Look Mom!!

This is Fun!!

Another thing we've tried is making homemade ice cream in ziploc bags. It was a really fun family night activity and treat all mixed up into one!

We took turns shaking the bag, which was pretty heavy for little girls. Then we talked about how we have to work together as a family when things get hard. It was a good fun lesson. And tasty too! I wasn't sure if it would actually work, but it did!

And it was GOOD!

16 comments:
oooooh...Warren's gonna love it. And I was looking at your facebook pictures. And I LOVE Mr. and Mrs. Singing ball. You are SO creative. I'm totally going to copy you. I just got called into the primary and I'm very excited to use your new toy.
Those are some pretty fun ideas, your really brave to do the shaving cream thing inside, I can only imagine what would happen to my house.
Another fun one is to let them "paint" with chocolate pudding. It's like 50 cents and doesn't hurt them if they eat it. Just strip them down first...then enjoy!
Way to go, creative mom! I will definitely have to try this.
We have done the shaving cream too and it is fun. The only thing is the smell gets to me after awhile but they don't mind. There could be alot of worse smells so I shouldn't complain.
WHat fun. My kids have only experienced that "fun" at camp. But maybe I meed to bring it on home. Looks like fun.
Very cute! It takes hard work to get yummy stuff sometimes!
Fun stuff! You are so creative. You guys are always having a great time! (Okay, so "always" is qualified. I know that every second of every day is not always perfect...)
Fun stuff. Way to go with that adventurous spirit!
This post actually explains why I have a goatee--no shaving cream is left after the kids are done with it. Shucks.
What fun!! I wonder if I could get Aimee interested in playing with shaving cream... sure would be having her want to be on the computer so much!
The ice-cream idea sounds great! I've heard of doing it that way but never tried it so it's nice to know it really works.
I love all the pics!!
My boys would love to play with that shaving cream, I'll have to bust it out! Cute idea...
Just a quick note to say thanks for entering the giveaway yesterday and stopping by my blog!
Hope to see you again sometime...
I used to have the kids I babysit play with shaving cream, but I totally forgot about it. Margaret would love playing with it too. Thanks for the idea!
You are so skinny! I can't believe you've had 2 babies in your tummy. What's the secret?
Shaving cream is AWESOME!
Post a Comment