97 CENTS!!!
Just had to share that this afternoon.
Also, another Emily story. Not sure if I like this one though.
We were at the library this afternoon. I didn't really want to go, but I had promised the girls we would go after lunch. So they get done finding their books, and I let them play extra long in the play area. Then I thought I'd go grab a book on potty training. (We're having issues in that area...but that's another post.) I wrote down the call number BEFORE we even left the house, so I knew exactly where to go and what I was grabbing.
I walked directly to the non-fiction section with the girls in tow, recounting the rules of "No running, be quiet, stay with me" as we made our way to 649.62s. The numbering on the rows was off, so it took me a minute to find it.
[Breaking news... Emily just ran out of her room screaming "There's a hanger stuck on my foot!" She's only been "in bed" for the past half hour. Now back to our regularly scheduled story.]
As we went past the end of a row, Emily took off. Then Connor took off, and a game of "You can't catch me" ensued. I parked the stroller, ran to catch up, and led both girls by the arm back to the stroller. I said "Emily, you know you're supposed to stay with your mom. Please don't run again." I was pretty happy with myself for keeping it together, considering my lack of consecutive sleep and patience. Then she replied "But I want another mom."
Classic Emily. What do you say to that!? I chose "Sorry kid, you're stuck with me." I'm glad I can laugh at things like that, otherwise I'd be crying most of the time!
Also, another Emily story. Not sure if I like this one though.
We were at the library this afternoon. I didn't really want to go, but I had promised the girls we would go after lunch. So they get done finding their books, and I let them play extra long in the play area. Then I thought I'd go grab a book on potty training. (We're having issues in that area...but that's another post.) I wrote down the call number BEFORE we even left the house, so I knew exactly where to go and what I was grabbing.
I walked directly to the non-fiction section with the girls in tow, recounting the rules of "No running, be quiet, stay with me" as we made our way to 649.62s. The numbering on the rows was off, so it took me a minute to find it.
[Breaking news... Emily just ran out of her room screaming "There's a hanger stuck on my foot!" She's only been "in bed" for the past half hour. Now back to our regularly scheduled story.]
As we went past the end of a row, Emily took off. Then Connor took off, and a game of "You can't catch me" ensued. I parked the stroller, ran to catch up, and led both girls by the arm back to the stroller. I said "Emily, you know you're supposed to stay with your mom. Please don't run again." I was pretty happy with myself for keeping it together, considering my lack of consecutive sleep and patience. Then she replied "But I want another mom."
Classic Emily. What do you say to that!? I chose "Sorry kid, you're stuck with me." I'm glad I can laugh at things like that, otherwise I'd be crying most of the time!
4 comments:
Cute, Cute, Cute. Hope you found your book ;)
Congrats on your jeans too...If you come across any maternity shorts with that price tag, let me know.
Wow now that is a sale! Emily stories make me smile. I'm sure she would be very sad when she lost such a fabulous fun mom.
What a fantastic find! If I were you, I'd gloat every time I wore those pants, thinking of the money I'd saved...
Ah, that Emily! At least you know life will never be boring with her in the family!
I hope you found your book, and that it helps. Potty training is one of my least favorite parts of parenting.
Congrats on the great buy! That's one of the best I've heard of.
Emily sure is a character. I love it when you share her stories.
Post a Comment