Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sorry for the whining!

Ok, so I was feeling pretty junky last time I posted.  I'm not feeling much better, but I have had a bit of an attitude adjustment and that helps a lot.  So, I thought I'd share a funny story to show that life isn't so bad around here.

A couple of weeks ago we had a lesson for Family night where I had the girls look in a mirror and then at each other and say "I see a child of God."  We discussed how everyone is a child of God and we need to treat each other better than we do because Heavenly Father loves all of us.  So over the next couple of days I'd say Connor, look at Emily, what do you see? She'd say very enthusiastically, "A child of GOD!"  

So, we were in the car this week and the girls were getting tired.  I started running my errands too late, and I knew it was coming, so I was trying to stop the whining and screaming.  Connor started shouting at Emily about something and I said "Connor, that's not very nice, look at Emily, what do you see?"  She thought very seriously for a minute and I was pumped, I knew she was getting it and was about to apologize for yelling at a child of God.  Boy was I surprised when her answer was" ...hmmm A monster!?"  

I promise I didn't teache her that part! :)  What funny children I have!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I LOVE it! I think I'm going to steal that FHE idea. We need that reminder around here, . . . and not just for the kids.

Mama D said...

Connor sure is funny! That made me laugh. Probably because it's something I'd likely hear from one of my own kids about a sibling... :)

I like the mirror idea to teach the principle of everyone being a child of God.

merrilykaroly said...

:)

You're a good mommy.

chelle said...

Dontcha love what comes outta kids mouths. I am laughing so hard!!! Thanks for sharing!

Adrienne said...

Ooops. I didn't think she'd repeat what I taught her in sunbeams on Sunday...

Pampered Princess said...

You just never know when there might be a monster in the back seat.....