Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What I heard from the little girls' bedroom tonight...

Well, first it was screaming. Not your normal screaming...this was like bloody murder screaming. From Emily, who has a hard time going to sleep after Connor comes in for the night.

We recently turned Emily's bed from crib to toddler bed because she's a little monkey and climbs EVERYTHING. But now she won't stay in it. So she's screaming and pounding on the door and manages to get it open. When this happens, I pick her up and put her right back in bed. (I'm not about to reward that behavior! Bad mom? maybe, but I can't handle it past about 7:25)

Now, understandably, Connor does not enjoy Emily's screaming once she's gone to bed. Keep that in mind as you check out the conversation that ensued.

Emily: WWWWAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Mommmmyyyy!!! NEEED YOU MAMA!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! NEEEEEEED you Mommy!! DADADADA DADDY!!! MOMMY!! NEED YOU!

Connor: It's ok Emily, go to sleep.

Emily: WWWWAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Mommmmyyyy!!! NEEED YOU MAMA!!!

Connor: EMILY STOP SCREAMING! IT"S TIME FOR SLEEP!!

Emily: WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! NEEEEEEED you Mommy!!

Connor: Oh Emily, it's all right. You're going to be all right. I will take care of you.

Me: Oh, what a good sister! Scott, did you hear that, Connor is taking care of Emily.

Connor: ...now walk over to the door. Good Em, open the door. Great. Now SCREAM!

And I thought she was being so good...not so much.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

That's hilarious!

Rebecca said...

I would have a hard time keeping a straight face after hearing that conversation! What funny girls!

Kathy JH said...

Oh dear... Kind of reminds me of a Baby Blues comic strip.

Mama D said...

That is so funny! I can't help but be grateful that my kids are past this stage... :)

Mama D said...

(But of course I have other "fun" things to deal with in the childhood/teen stages that follow...)

heather said...

That is so funny! That sounds like the kind of help my kids give each other.

Patty said...

That's funny... but only because it isn't my child doing it!! Connor is very smart, if not all that helpful in this case!

Kim Simmons said...

this is too funny. sounds like something my little dynamic duo would do.

Kim Simmons said...

this is too funny. sounds like something my little dynamic duo would do.